Sunday, December 13, 2009

You must be wondering why I am dedicating a blog to junk? Or maybe you're not wondering, but I'm going to tell you anyways. Before I go into the full fledged explanation, I want to first clarify the meaning of Junk for me . Junk is something regarded as worthless and often discarded because of its worth value. However, I would not say that Junk is "meaningless" as dictionary.com postulates. For Junk to be meaningless, it would have to be something that has no significance, but it does. The fact that we have a word for it renders it meaningful, doesn't it?
What fascinates me about Junk is the way it infiltrates into our lives, allowing us to demarcate the good, the bad and the ugly. But this is not its only interesting feature. Another interesting aspect is its fluid nature. Ever heard of the old saying: " One man's Junk is Another man's treasure". Junk's ability to leap from worthy to worthless is almost like a transformation that could only be seen in a hollywood movie-- you know, the kind where the ugly duckling magically transforms into the bombshell, snagging the popular jock's gaze. I guess it is true what they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. And on that note, this blog will attempt to find the beauty of this worthless thing called Junk.

No comments:

Post a Comment